Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fajitas

Chicken Fajitas are my husband's favorite thing to order at Jack Astors. We don't go out to eat often and when we do it is not usually there, so I thought it would be nice to serve these up for dinner this evening.

I tried the packaged seasonings previously to mixed reviews. Instead I started blending a little Jerk Seasoning (available at most grocery stores) with salt, pepper and garlic powder. The result was delicious, moist and easy. If you like spicy food you could add a little cayanne pepper, my husband doesn't enjoy these spicy so I didn't add it.

Chicken Fajitas
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  •  chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
  • half onion, either diced or cut into super thin strips
  • 1/2 each yellow, red, orange peppers, cut into thin strips
  • 1.5 tsp Jerk Seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder (not garlic salt)
  • s & p
  • 1/4 cup water

*Place oil in pan add onions, chicken and stir till coated, cook at medium high heat
*Add peppers and seasonings
*Stir frequently
*As food begins to stick to pan add little bits of water at a time, you may need more or less then a 1/4 cup
*When chicken cooked all the way through, and peppers tender remove from heat

Garnish with cheese, sour cream, salsa and guacamole. Put on tortilla wrap, or on white rice if you have gluten allergies like me. Serves 2

No comments: