Monday, March 14, 2011

Roasted Veggie Pizza Update

So in my last post I mentioned I was going to try out a Rachel Ray recipe for a Roasted Vegetable Pizza. I made it this evening as my main dish, along with cheese cannelloni. Although the pizza turned out okay, (the roasted veggies were delicious) I would defiantly say in order to make it again I would do some doctoring to it.

First, I used a store bought pre made crust. This crust was too thick for my liking. Of course this isn't the recipes fault but still did effect the overall outcome. You tasted too much bread instead of the delicious richness of the roasted veggies. Even when we order traditional pizza we order thin crust.

Second, I used about 3/4 of the recommended bean spread, even at that it was still too thick. The recipe said cook for 8 minutes once the spread and toppings were on. We cooked it for about 20 and the bean spread was still really moist almost a hummus consistency. I think the pizza would have tasted way better if it I had put on about half of the suggested bean spread. This would have allowed it to kind of dry to a more paste like texture. Again when we order traditional pizza we request them to go easy on the sauce, in order to enjoy everything not just get a taste of gooey sauce.

Other than that I would say it was good. I was hoping that I had found my go-to Friday night meal-in-a-pinch and that this would receive ooohs and awwws. . . it didn't. I think my above suggestions would make all the difference in the world. I do however think I will make the roasted veggies again on their own and put them beside chicken or on pasta later this week.

No comments: