Friday, March 11, 2011

Snowday, Cooking and the Kids

Today we are expecting a snowstorm! Over night we 'delivered' about half a foot, and it is continuing to snow. As a child I remember waiting and hoping for snow days. We never had one! This winter the schools have been closed 4 or 5 days already. A day like this with it's gross road conditions and no particular place to go anyways is the perfect day to stay in. Pajama day for the kids, yoga pants for mom! Staying in all day leads to another challenge though.

When I know we are going to be around the house all day or if we have an event coming in a couple days I prepare so we can use our time at home to make something, bake, do pretty much anything to save time later on. This weekend we have a birthday party and a dinner party. (By dinner party I mean my best friend, her hubby and two boys that are my sons age. I don't know when a party where milk is the main beverage being served started constituting as a dinner party, but it does now! They are great company anyways, and we are always glad to have some adult company.) I had planned to make Coconut Macaroons for both events. Kind of hard to make when you are missing the main ingredient. . . the coconut. I planned on getting it today, not happening. Then for dinner I am making homemade veggie pizza and stuffed pasta shells. I like to chop the ingredients up the day ahead, but again not happening, I don't have half the stuff! We don't even have chocolate chips to make cookies with!

So I am sitting here scouring the Internet to find something that we can make with the ingredients that we have on hand. I will post what we come up with!

No comments: